Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Impulsive Mad Rush of Insanity

Weekend was pretty much well spent. I'm so yet to get those pictures from the Sentosa trip, but promised to update when I've got them in my com.

Sunday was spent at Orchard Hotel. It was the Aussie Uni Fair and me wanted to like fly over to any parts of the world (okay, that's exaggerating but wanted to fly to US/New Zealand/UK) for further education, I asked my two lovely, Janice and Szeting to go too. There's like tons of people applying for all the schools. It took us like 5 hours to get through the whole application to submission process which wasn't what I was expecting. I'm kinda excited about it but I need to seriously talk to my parents about cause the school fees is like freaking expensive!!!
SHOUTOUT: Szeting, I think you can make it to some of the schools we apply. Sorry that it kinda bores you out. But hopefully we all get accepted. =)

To be cont'd...
Back from dinner, and guess what, I briefly broached the idea studying overseas with my parents and told them that the cost of studying overseas ranges about $50k for two years. Guess what, my dream of going oversea education is burst, just a bubble. Feeling very disappointed and my mum actually insisted that I go to local University. I don't know, I really long for overseas education for it gives more exposure and you get to learn and be independent. But I know that for a 2 year education that cost like $50k is too much a burden for my parents and I seriously not want to leech on them forever, is not a small sum afterall. Perhaps I should listen to Moses, take his advice, just get a general degree and work after that. Perhaps I should just stick to accomplish my goal of opening a Cafe and becoming a Creative Director. BUT... given that, I've always wanted to go out and see the world. Money is such a pain in the ass at times, especially when in situation like this. They actually suggested that I worked for the money before going overseas to study, but by the time, I'm too old to even step into the University. ARGH... I hate to say this and by saying this is reflecting how shallow I am and how selfish I am, but I'm just so jealous of those whose parents are filthy rich and have no qualms about sending their kids overseas, and most of these filthy rich kids have no fucking idea how fucking lucky they are to be able to do so, and they think they deserved it. Like what the fuck, seriously. I think I just have to let this whole oversea University sit at the back of my mind and handle all the school stuffs first. I'll have plenty of time to look at the world. (I'm just trying to comfort myself). I really wondered what my reaction will be if I get a standing in the Uni I've sent my application to. Okay, I shall stop this whole whining and complaining. It's not like the end of the world. But, honestly, I really want to go overseas to study and experience life, I don't want to be stuck in Singapore and become a frog in the well. Oh well, there's so much things to be done then to keep staring into the space where the bubble has burst, so I shall just get back to completing my education in poly and get my licence and the rest will come.
SHOUT-OUT: I miss my friends and darlings a million. You know who you are, please take care and meet up real soon.

I think everyone has a clear mindset of what they want their life to be, and sometimes we can only dream about it and hopefully someday we can reached and be happy about it. I do dream of that too, I want to lead my life overseas, someday settle down in Europe and enjoy the lazing afternoon. I don't know if I'll get married, otherwise I don't mind dating and perhaps if the relationship (hopefully with a charming angmoh) lasted, we might just start a family or even adopt kids. I have think about what I want in my life a lot, like start an organization to help the kids, the poor etc, to become a high flyer and all that, sometimes is just seem to be so unrealistics and out of reach, but on one hand, I've yet to try to achieve it all so it is still possible. My mind right now is in a whirl, is getting over loaded with information, partly from the fact that my desire for oversea education is so bleak. Any kind souls wanna sponsor me? I need to get back to my tutorial soon.
SHOUT-OUT: Shaoling, if you are reading this, I read your entry and I can so truly understand and relate to what you trying to put across. That's what I'm feeling. Loved.

Loved and take care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home